10 May 2019

Vampires Chapter 6: Spawn

It's been a while but there's lots to show so let's get to it!

Every vampire army needs, well, vampires. I haven't got round to working on my characters yet, but I have polished off my Vampire Spawn:


Models courtesy of Games Workshop. I really like these models I just wish they were a bit more poseable without more modelling skills than I really possess (or at least more dedication to modelling them).

I'm pleased with how they came out. I thought the pale skin would take longer to achieve, but it turned out to be pretty quick between airbrushing highlights and skipping layers I used to think were essential before brushing on the last highlight (Vallejo White Grey). Just be sparing with where you place it and you don't have to worry about making mixtures of 1:2 and 1:1 White Grey:Wolf Grey to make it look smooth.

Unfortunately, one of the buggers broke a nail during final assembly (I painted them with only one wing attached) and despite a lengthy search and rescue the missing piece was declared lost. This was particularly annoying as I had gone to the trouble of buying new vargheist heads because one of the ears had its tip bent off while it was on the sprue. Oh well, at least it's not very noticeable.

Until next time, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment