20 May 2019

Return of the Slapdash Dwarves!

Some of you might have thought my slapdash army project forgotten, but we dwarves have long memories...

Welcome to another instalment of my speedily (and somewhat messily) painted dwarf army. Though it's been a while since I've posted any, they are very much an active project and are currently my most complete army! Over the next little while I will be dusting off those models I have neglected to take photos of and remedying that with my new photobooth.

To begin, here are my slapdash miners:



I loved painting these guys, especially the candles which make them really stand out from the rest of the army. The old Battle for Skull Pass set had so much character - despite the limitations I have a weakness for simple, mono-pose models like those dwarves and goblins. Somehow I have 18 of them with a command (and a second champion model pretending to be an ordinary miner near the back!) but I'm not quite sure how, as I thought I only ever had two sets of them (they came as a unit of 8 in the box - 5 regular and 3 command).

As I said, my dwarves are my most complete army right now. The only models I own that I have yet to paint are a unit of slayers, two war machines, and my characters. I hope to have the slayers and warmachines finished by the end of the summer, but the characters will take a little longer - they're a collection of metal models from various eras and I'd like to do them justice, even if it means they don't quite match the slapdash theme of the rest of the army.

Until next time, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment