30 May 2019

Wave Hi!

I mentioned earlier that I've been working on my Craftworld Eldar army. Most of this has been preparing the bases (I'm making fancy craftworld bases, you're going to love them!) but I did also manage to paint a couple of transports to go with my bikes. Wave hi to my wave serpents! (I'll see myself out):





There are actually two wave serpents photographed above (the last image is the second model) but as my light box is fairly small it wasn't possible to get them both in the same shot (and I wasn't prepared to break out my old photography set up just to take pictures of two models that are, more or less, the same).

These models were a great mix of "fun to paint" and "oh god kill me now this is sooo boring". I had a lot of fun airbrushing and painting the gems (I like painting gems) but trying to wash and the edge highlight all the grooves was such a pain. Next time I have an Eldar tank to paint I'm going to push the highlights with the airbrush more and forego the edge highlight - that should help a lot. 

This is also the second (or maybe third?) time I've used GW's gemstone paints (on the canopy, not the gems - gotta do gems right). It's not as clean as it could have been but I'm pretty happy all the same, and it saves me having to paint the inside of the canopies which I never plan to do. I'll probably never use gemstone paints for actual gems, but for stuff like canopies or shiny metallics I think they have a place.

Anyway, hope you like them. There'll be more Eldar stuff in the future but next up it's some more dwarves.

Until then, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment