12 November 2018

Ghouls for Sale

Among my collection of models still on sprue were some Games Workshop Crypt Ghouls. I don't really like the idea of ghouls in my vampire army (my Vampire Lord is something of an elitist) so they've been sitting unmade for some time. Since finishing a lengthy project I decided it would be nice just to bang out something quick and ghouls fitted the description. I decided to use the round bases they came with as I figured I'd flog them to an AoS player when they were done. I don't know but I imagine 10 ghouls make more of a difference in AoS than in The Ninth Age, where it'd need to be at least 30 for a unit.

Anyway, a couple of days cursing at the models for being so annoying to put together (I really didn't see that coming, but none of the parts seem to actually fit) followed by having fun with an airbrush and washes and here they are!



For quick-and-dirty painting I am impressed with how they came out (and slightly regretting putting them on round bases). I haven't had much call to use the Blood for the Blood God technical paint before this either, which is something I will try to change in future. That paint is fun and if you're liberal with it it can hide a multitude of mistakes. At least I have some Ghast models I can try this colour scheme out on again. (My Vampire Lord will tolerate ugliness if it's in low numbers and has better combat potential.)

Until next time, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment