06 November 2018

Deathmaster Snikch

It's been a long time since I really tried to push my painting ability, but a while ago I started a model with the intention of doing just that.

Well, here's the finished piece!

[EDIT - I was a bit overexcited to show you this model and took the photos in a hurry, making them more than a little overexposed in the process. I decided to take some new pics which I think are better (i.e. darker) and while I may have overcompensated some (I may have made them too dark) I think they fit much better with the theme of the model. I've decided to leave the original photos at the end of the post should you wish to see them, but the top ones are the better ones.]




OK, he's not perfect, but there's a lot of improvement on previous efforts. The silver NMM was something I really wanted to get the hang of, and a think it's fair to say I've turned a corner there. The OSL effect is something I've not done much with before but might want to think about trying in future - it was kind of fun and easier than I thought it would be.

It was also fun to paint with a lot of greys. Almost all the colours were mixed with black and white to change the tone and I think, especially with the skin, it gives a really interesting effect. Definitely something I'll try again.

In any case, it was nice to have another miniature to add to The Gallery and I've got lots of impetus to get painting more display pieces.

Until then, happy painting!







The original, overexposed photos. Still not terrible, but the other ones are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment