09 July 2019

Skaven Warlord

Some models just don't want to be painted. This was one of those models.







I started this model years ago after getting it into my head that yellow and red would be a good colour scheme for some skaven. This guy was to be a tester for my other models (as you can see from Snikch my colour scheme went out the window) and I originally wanted him to be display level. Unfortunately, while I had a lot of fun with the yellow the red gave me a lot of grief. After a couple of days trying to get it the way I wanted, I stood back from the model and decided I didn't like any of it very much. Worse, I didn't know what to do with it. So I shelved the project and moved onto something else, and this Skaven Warlord has been sitting on my "to paint" shelf, blu tacked to a paint pot for longer than any other model.

Then, just a few days ago I was playing with my new contrast paints (expect another post on them soon) and I'd run out of undercoated models... except for this guy! So I decided I'd make him a test for using contrast paints in combination with my usual painting techniques. Two (or maybe three?) days later he was finished, and I'm very pleased with the results. He's not display level by any means, but he's definitely a nice tabletop level.

Anyway, I hope you like him. It'll be a while before the next rat appears on my blog!

Until next time, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment