26 July 2019

A Month of Mayhem

It's been pretty quiet here, huh?

The last month or so has been hectic for me. I haven't painted as much as I'd wanted. I've also not finished anything in a while - instead, most of my projects are WIP or just getting started. Some have barely moved past the planning stage. Still, we're overdue for an update here, so I'll let you know what's going on hobby-wise.

I'm not entering into the Everchosen competition. I really wanted to, because I need to push my painting again to improve and competitions are a great way to do this, but I just didn't have time to paint something for it with personal and non-hobby things getting in the way. Also, the models I really want to paint next aren't eligible as the rules state that entries have to be current GW miniatures, and the model I had prepped for that kind of painting next is long OOP. Ah well. I'm going to aim for Golden Demon next year, anyway.

I have several projects on my painting table right now. I'm still playing around with contrast paints and plan to make a post dedicated to them soon. I've got anther unit of skeletons half-finished, and a bunch of undercoated ghouls (I found another 10!), and some dwarf slayers and eldar rangers waiting to be undercoated. I'm also working on a ghoul king I had lying around.

This blog is slowly being updated to move all my photos to blogger's archive instead of photobucket. I found out recently they've been sticking an ugly logo over my beautiful models so I've started the tedious task of downloading my images one at a time and replacing them. It'll be done by the end of the year... I hope.

I'm taking commissions again! It's been a while since I've painted for anyone but friends and family (and myself) but as I've had good feedback from selling painted models online and I need a budget for my hobby again, I figure it's time to give it another go. Plus, I often find when I'm overwhelmed by my own pile of painted miniatures it's easier to work on someone else's! I've added a page with details of the service I offer and a rough guide to what I charge.

More or less you're now up to date. If you've read this far you've definitely earned a photo. Here's a couple of WIP shots of my Ghoul King (base is still drying!):



(These photos were taken with a phone camera which I think is making the contrast a little more extreme than it really is. I'll play around with the setting for future pictures but for now it's something I can try to improve on the model itself.)

Until next time, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment