01 July 2019

Blood Angel Scouts

Are you ready for some photos? You sure? Well here they are!

















I decided to experiment with my Blood Angels colour recipe on a unit, and after looking through my unbuilt collection was delighted to discover some scouts that I'd forgotten about. I love space marine scouts and these guys were a lot of fun to paint. I spent extra time on the end adding freehand to all of them, and the heavy weapon model got extra love on his chapter symbol. If  When I paint more Blood Angels I'll push the highlights on the red more with the airbrush - something I didn't catch until I was painting the other elements on the model - but apart from that I'm very pleased with them.

As I don't really need them in any army and there's no point them gathering dust on my shelves, I've decided to try to sell them on eBay (here if you're interested). I see a lot of "pro-painted" models that go for ridiculous amounts relative to the actual quality of the painting and I know these are better than most of them, so I figured I'll have a go at getting a ridiculous price, too. I've set them at what I'd expect a commission painter to charge and if I get something close I'd be happy. If not, well, I can always rethink my pricing structure or just keep them. I've also put my competition winning captain up there (here).

Finally, I've decided to start accepting commissions again. I used to many years ago but stopped due to time constraints. Now I'd like to have a little spare cash to fund my hobby as well as paint a wider variety of models, so will be looking to take on projects on a casual basis. If you're interested, there'll be a contact me button appearing here soon.

Thanks for looking, and happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment