28 October 2021

Happy Spooktober! Part 3: Ghosts!

It's starting to get cold and dark as Samhain approaches, but there's still a little time left to post some more spooky seasonal models! Let's go old school with a classic spirit host model that's been kicking around my collection since it was in production.




This was a good opportunity to try out a new colour scheme. I think it's a big upgrade from my previous ethereal colour scheme. I applied Terradon Turquoise Contrast over a zenithal highlight, then slapped on a load of turqoise oil paint which I gradually made brighter by adding white. Once it was dry I touched up the brightest parts with white acrylic.

One thing I'll change for next time is the oil colour I applied - it was too dark. I had to add sooo much white to get it bright enough, which made the final result a bit messy and sketchy, and also made the drying time much longer than it could have been (several days!). Still, the effect kind of worked with the old sculpt, and I think the colour gives a great ethereal effect. I look forward to using it on some new ethereals I'll be adding to my army in the near future. These ghosts, however, are a stand-alone model to enjoy!

Until next time, happy painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment