19 July 2020

Vampires Chapter 7: More Skeletons!

It may be slow, but I'm still progessing on my Vampire Counts army. I'd already painted my main skeleton unit using the slowest method to paint bone ever but, having originally intended to run two large blocks I still had a bunch left over waiting for some attention. Since I was running low on undercoated models waiting to be painted and was having a lot of fun with Contrast paints, I decided to try to paint the remaining bony boys a bit more quickly.

Here they are:


In total there are 29, but as they're all the same basic skeleton I decided to take close-ups and alternate angles of just a few (and the command, of course). Unlike last time, I just painted the bone with Skeleton Horde over a white undercoat (actually it might have been a Bleached Bone undercoat) and then gave it a light drybrush of Vallejo Dark Sand mixed with a little Ivory. Deeper shadows were enhanced with a little Agrax Earthshade. I decided to keep the speed up for the rest of the painting by stippling and dryburshing pretty much all of the rest of the models, except the wood which was painted using brown Contrast paints (mostly Cygor Brown and Skeleton Horde over a woodgrain painted on in white).

I think I could have pushed the bone highlights a little more, but otherwise they're a very good result for much less time invested, even if the freehanded banner got away from me a bit - pro tip: always sketch your freehands at least once before trying it on a model.

So ends the last of my rank and file skeletons... except for one which has been taken for a special, secret project that may or may not appear here*.

Until next time, happy painting!

*Eventually. Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment