29 September 2014

Slapdash Dwarf Heroes!

Some months ago I left you with a little teaser:


Now, wonder no more! The time has come to reveal what the model to the thunderer's left - the right hand side of the photo: confusing, I know - is. Drumroll please!...


It was, of course, a dwarf slayer! (OK, admittedly that wasn't much of a teaser. Next time it'll be harder, I promise.) Actually it was one of two dwarf slayers that have been sitting on my shelf waiting to be photographed for some time. Why have they been waiting? Well, I wanted to get them together with...


...their thane! This guy had been sitting almost complete for ages because I forgot how I painted the bases on the others. Eventually I decided to just come up with a scheme that matches closely enough and got him finished. Since then I've kept detailed records of my painting recipes for the army models, particularly my vampires because I really want them to look uniform. It's definitely worth having a record of what paints you used in what order if you're prone to experimenting with mixes!


These models, like most of the dwarves I own, are from the 7th edition starter kit Battle for Skull Pass and despite their simplicity I'm rather fond of them and pleased with how they came out. There's more to come on the dwarf front soon, but before then I think we'll be seeing a little 40k. :)

Finally, some of you may have noticed the new tab at the top of this blog. That's right, I'm adding a gallery! I've been looking for instructions for one I like and finally decided I'd just learn some simple code. Right now it's just a prototype, but I'll be filling it with photos as soon as I get a chance.

That's all for now. Thanks for looking and, as always, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment