04 June 2023

Bejewelled Eldar Rangers

Aaaand we're right back again - this time, I hope, for good!

With 10th edition 40k around the corner I have now successfully failed to play a single game of 9th. That sounds depressing, and it is. However, after visiting Warhammer Fest this year I am more inspired than ever to get into regular painting and finally get an army completely, 100% painted. Hopefully that army will be my Eldar.

I have no idea if Troops are even required anymore, but I've been working on two units of rangers for a long, long time and I've finally finished them. Best of all, I've got a basing scheme for the whole army!

I'm also toying with a new way to display models - video. It's such a pain trying to get photographs of entire units (because I haven't learnt how to image stack to make everything in focus) so - drumroll please - in all their motion picture glory, I present my Eldar rangers!


First time taking video and since I already had my DSLR out I just used that. I think next time I'll try out the GoPro, see what the difference is like. In any case, it wouldn't be complete without a few select shots.


As you can see, I made life hard for myself by painting everything that could be a gem as a gem (a big part of why these models took so long). I just can't seem to stop! At least it makes them stand out from most other armies you'll see on the table.

I currently have some shining spears on my painting table, but before you see them there'll be a dive into disease as I show of some Nurgle models I've completed in the recent past (and just got round to photographing).

Until next time, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment