23 June 2021

Vampires Chapter 8: Grave Guard

Dead? This blog? No no no no. It doesn't die. It's just been... slumbering for a while.

Yes we're back again. Not even a global pandemic can finish off this blog. You'd think I'd have got a lot of painting done during the various lockdowns, but the past year or so has been a burnout and my brushes have hardly seen any action. Things have started to pick up, though. This is the last of the old photos to share (completed pre-pandemic) and in the last couple of weeks I've found some time (and energy) to paint, so there'll be even more soon.

For now, here are my grave guard complete with freehand banner. These guys were actually started around the same time as my first lot of skeletons but have been sitting half-finished for ages waiting for one last push to see them done. Now they're just waiting for their own shelf in the display cabinet, because I have a lot of undead in there and I'm running out of room!

Close-up of the banner. The design is a raven silhouette. Probably could have practiced it a few more times before doing it. Hopefully the flying one sells it!


That's all for now. Until next time, long live the blog and happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment