13 July 2018

The Long-promised Traitors

OK, be honest. How many of you thought this post would be another year coming? Really? Just me? Alright then. Well, you were right.

If you recall (or look back a couple of posts), before I took a break from blogging (and, indeed, painting) I said I had some cultist models on my painting table I was going to paint red. This was not a lie. I rarely lie, I just smile when I say improbable things and people assume.

Anyway, I did have some cultists on my table. I did plan to paint them red. I did eventually put that plan into action and here are the results.

 The eyes, I'll admit, are not great up close. Let me emphasise that these were painted with speed in mind, and they look alright at normal gaming distance.



They were painted as part of my "god I have to get something done" phase and I wanted them to be quick and easy, which they were. A base coat of red (for the cloaks) was airbrushed over the lot and the rest was brushwork. I'm particularly happy with the silver metal, which was just boltgun metal highlighted with mithril silver, then washed with brown, black, and sepia washes (not one after another, just as my own whims demanded - I also diluted them a little as I thought necessary).

The photos themselves were much longer in the making. Until quite recently I didn't own a tripod and took most of my photos with a phone. These pictures, I think you'll agree, are a big improvement. 

I have decided that the traitor forces are not really for me, though, so won't be painting any more cultists for a while at least (although there is a certain purple-armoured Astartes that might be appearing here in the near future).

Until next time, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment